PDA

View Full Version : Exceptional Log Home Award: Jack and Joni Jessup

Ellsworth
12-15-2005, 11:21 PM
We are pleased to announce that Jack and Joni Jessup have received an Exceptional Log Home Award :)

This is a really beautiful log home. It was a pleasure just being in it, soaking up the beauty. All their attention to details is impressive; the house radiates quality and craftsmanship.

We hope you enjoy all the pictures of this house??? try not to drool on your keyboard ;)

http://www.loghomebuilders.org/log-homes-22.htm

rreidnauer
12-16-2005, 04:07 AM
Wow!! That is an incredible place! I can't believe they would want to sell it.

JeffandSara
12-16-2005, 05:15 AM
Ellsworth and Rod,

I'm with you. What a lovely home. Very nicely designed and finished. And definitely a "homey" feeling, even just from the photos. :D

If de-barking and log-lifting had one intimidated... and one lived in or wanted to live in Washington... this might be a good option?! :lol:

Great work Jack and Joni and family!

Sara :D

sparky
12-16-2005, 09:00 AM
Wah-Hoo :!: What a beauty! Congratulations Jack and Joni! What are the dimensions, and how could we see a floor plan of how the interior is laid out? Thanks for sharing another ???Jem??? of the month. Keep them coming!

Now for a bit of house keeping: Ellsworth, how do I get this slobber off my key board :?: :lol:

Ellsworth
12-16-2005, 01:17 PM
I'm with you. What a lovely home. Very nicely designed and finished. And definitely a "homey" feeling, even just from the photos. :D

Yes indeed, a well designed home and someone had a flair for interior design too ;) It was an added bonus that they had the place all decked out for Christmas :)

'Intimidated by peeling logs' lol... I asked Joni if she was involved in the construction process and she proudly explained that she peeled most of the logs herself, along with the help of her 8 year old son ;) So yes she was, very involved through-out the process, and she didn't let no log intimidate her!

JeffandSara
12-16-2005, 01:21 PM
My kinda girl (and kid!) :D

I really liked their kitchen cabinetry... meant to say that before. And the stained gable with the detailing over the bird-block areas really finished things off nicely.

It's always fun to see different "interpretations" of the basic style. :D

And yes, the Christmas decorations were a bonus for your photo shoot!

Sara :D

akemt
12-16-2005, 03:13 PM
I like the detail on the stairs...how the wood sticks out past the carpeting giving it more of a "rug" feel, almost.

Do we know how long it took them to finish the dry-in stage of this home? Still trying to get some ideas on costs, timeframe, etc.

Gorgeous!

Ellsworth
12-16-2005, 03:24 PM
I like the detail on the stairs...how the wood sticks out past the carpeting giving it more of a "rug" feel, almost.

Do we know how long it took them to finish the dry-in stage of this home? Still trying to get some ideas on costs, timeframe, etc.

Gorgeous!

I'm not sure how long it took them to reach the dry-in stage. I was told that the entire construction time was a little less than a year. During that year Jack was working full time, and they had 1 hired assistant helping them.

Since folks are asking, we'll try to update the pictures in a few weeks to include more information about their construction experience ;)

Jack and Joni really seemed like really nice folks. I let them know about the upcoming member's meeting and they are going to try and make it :) Hopefully they do make it, I'm sure they'd be more than happy to let members pick their brains in person at the meeting about all the finer details of their project.

kyle
12-18-2005, 01:38 PM
Absolutely beautiful.

I'm trying to finalize my plans so I'm curious as to whether they have a basement or a crawlspace?

Ellsworth
12-18-2005, 05:07 PM
Absolutely beautiful.

I'm trying to finalize my plans so I'm curious as to whether they have a basement or a crawlspace?

I believe they did a crawlspace.

loghomefun
12-18-2005, 08:45 PM
That house is sweeeeet :!:

I luv the floor with the cut nails. The wood trim inside the home, up near the rafters is great. The stained glass really makes an impression, luv it.

And the thick wood frames around the glass are so impressive, very proportional to the log walls, a thick sturdy apperance. Not having to cut keyways and leave settling space sure does make for a neater looking install in my opinion, more elegant and streamlined. Thos big frames fit in just how they are supposed to fit in, and that is how they will stay :!:

I really appreciate the pictures, they helped fill me with inspiration and ideas. Please say thanks to the Jessups next time you talk to them.

Doug

freeloader
12-20-2005, 06:11 AM
The window frames are beautiful. It looks like rough cut lumber that has been planed to a finish. Closer pictures to the windows would be nice.

greenthumb
10-30-2006, 08:45 AM
This is an amazing house. Does anyone know the dimensions? Did they use glulams hidden within the walls for girders? Now that I've taken the class I'm starting to notice more and more details on just how the student homes are put together.

KeithMN
10-30-2006, 09:26 AM
Andy, Don't worry about it. You're not the first person to make multiple posts and I'm sure you won't be the last! :lol: I'm excited to be able to notice all of the little details once I take the class. (Only 13 days away!)

Andy, Don't worry about it. You're not the first person to make multiple posts and I'm sure you won't be the last! :lol: I'm excited to be able to notice all of the little details once I take the class. (Only 13 days away!)

greenthumb
10-30-2006, 11:12 AM
Lol Keith. :lol:

Well, now two of my posts are missing :shock: which is fine by me. :)

Your enthusiasm is great(and contagious too!) 8)

Ellsworth
10-30-2006, 12:51 PM
Lol Keith. :lol:

Well, now two of my posts are missing :shock: which is fine by me. :)

Your enthusiasm is great(and contagious too!) 8)

Hi Andy,

I think we have a forum glitch right now. It's not happening all the time, but occasionally when you hit post instead of making 1 post the forum appears to be making the same post more than once. So we've been seeing some double, triple and quadruple postings (like what happened to you on this thread).

Our webmaster is trying to fix the issue. In the meantime Admin will be deleting duplicate posts when they occur -- just to keep things organized.

Hopefully we'll have this glitch fixed in a day or two.